What is Infobase Hosted custom content versus what I have been using previously?
Infobase Hosted Custom Content is now available, where Infobase will host all of your videos. To view more information on Infobase Hosted Custom Content, click here.
To add more than one custom content title at a time, click on the Bulk Tools drop down and select Bulk Upload. The bulk upload template is located at the top of the bulk upload popup window. To ensure a seamless upload every time, it is highly recommended that a new template is downloaded every time prior to uploading a new batch. The system will not process a spreadsheet if the template does not match. To improve the reliability of the upload process, several fields in this template are required and contain drop downs, instead of allowing free form text.
You must select a server. The "Infobase Hosted" server will be the default selected server.
Infobase Hosted Custom Content Bulk Upload
If the server is "Infobase Hosted", you will be notified at the top of the popup as to how many titles you have remaining in your Infobase Hosted account. You will have the option to "Take Action" on your Infobase Hosted Custom Content if you have less than 20 titles remaining on your Infobase Hosted account. To view more information on Infobase Hosted Custom Content, click here.
After you download the "Infobase Hosted" template and fill out the appropriate fields. You must upload the template to the Bulk Upload popup.
There will be an additional area where you add the videos to be uploaded. You can drag and drop or select the files to upload. This field will ONLY be available for the "Infobase Hosted" server. The Filename of the video you are uploading must match EXACTLY the Filename you put on the template in order for the title to upload correctly.
Non-Infobase Hosted Custom Content Bulk Upload
For non-Infobase Hosted Custom Content Bulk Upload (Self-Hosted), you will download the self-hosted template.
If the server selected is not "Infobase Hosted" or "Self-Hosted", the "upload video" field will not show, nor will the alert box at the top that indicates how many titles you have remaining.
Bulk Upload Template Fields:
- Filename (Required)(no extension) - text field for entering the filename of the video or audio file, without any extension. If your video was named, "mymp4video.mp4," you would only enter "mymp4video" in this field.
- File Extension (Required)(Non-Infobase Hosted content only) - drop down containing the current two options for custom content: MP4 and MP3.
- Title (Required) - text field used for the title of your video or audio file.
- Description (Required) - text field used for the description of your file.
- Subject (Required) - Dropdown including all subjects available for your product.
- Producer (Required) - Text area to insert the producer for your titles. If the producer does not already exist, or does not exactly match an existing producer, it will be treated as a brand new producer and be added to the producer tab.
- Series - text field used to associate titles to a series. If the series does not already exist, or does not exactly match an existing series, it will be treated as a brand new series and be added to the series tab.
- Copyright - text field for copyright year, support format example: 2016.
- Keywords - comma separated list of keywords.
- Expiration Date - text field for expiration date. Once this date is reached, the title will automatically disappear from the platform on the following day. Support format is: 8/31/2021.
- Thumbnail Path (Non-Infobase Hosted content) - text field for the complete path to the video thumbnail stored on your own server.
**Note - it is not necessary to manually select an option in each row of your spreadsheet when completing drop down fields. If for example, everything has the MP4 file extension, you can select MP4 in the first row, and then copy that selection and paste it into all other relevant rows in your spreadsheet.
Titles that fail for one reason or another will be SKIPPED, and not added to your list of titles. The system will add any titles that did not fail. If you have failed titles, the item number in the first column of the returned spreadsheet will contain an error message and reason as to why it failed, in place of an item number. Only successfully added titles will have an item number in this column.
Once you upload your template, and videos (if it is Infobase Hosted), and the process has been successful, you will need to certify that the proper license has been obtained to add this content. You may then select "Upload" to complete the process.
Once the upload process is complete, the system will return an updated spreadsheet back to you, with the custom content IDs included in the first column of the spreadsheet. If the titles are Infobase Hosted, it may take a few minutes before the videos appear on the platform.