Customers using the Schoology learning management system can embed content from the following products directly into their courses:
- African-American History
- American History
- American Indian History
- Ancient and Medieval Hisstory
- Bloom's Literature
- Health Reference Center
- Modern World History
- Science Online
- World Religions Online
- The World Almanac for Kids
- Access Video On Demand
- Classroom Video On Demand
- Films On Demand
- Access Video On Demand Just For Kids
For more information, please refer to the Schoolofy LTI App Overview article.
The new app provides rich integration between the product and your Schoology courses. Users of Schoology will now be able to embed product resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS.
The product app is available for all Schoology users and can be installed for:
- Course Materials Selection
- Rich Text Editor
- External Tool
Prerequisites for Installing the App
- You must have your own instance of Schoology.
- You must have an active product subscription.
- Your LTI Access Key and Secret which can be obtained from the product support.
Installing the Schoology App
- Login to your Schoology instance as an administrator with access to install and configure apps.
- Visit the App Center once logged in, or access it directly using this link: https://app.schoology.com/apps
- Locate the product app and click on it to view the details.
- Click on the blue Install LTI App button to begin the installation process.
- Next, you will be asked if this should be installed for your entire organization, or just you. If you would like all of your teachers to have access to the app, select Add to Organization.
- If you selected Add to Organization, you will be redirected to your Organization Apps section to complete the configuration.
- Before anyone can take advantage of the product app, you must configure it by inserting your provided Key and Secret.
- Enter both values in appropriate fields shown below and click the Save Settings button. No custom parameters are used.
- After you have configured the App, you will need to install it.
A Note from Schoology:
Configuring the App is not the same as installing it. School Admins have the option to configure the App only, giving their instructors the option to install it individually. To do this, do not check any boxes designating which course or school you want the app installed in after you've clicked the Install App button located in Schoology's App Center.
After you have successfully installed and configured the product app, you will be able to access it and perform a search. Please consult the Schoology App Overview article for more information.