Customers using the Brightspace/Desire2Learn (D2L) learning management system can embed content from their product directly into their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the Brightspace/Desire2Learn (D2L) LTI Insert Stuff Plugin Installation article.
Brightspace/Desire2Learn (D2L) is available for the following products:
- African-American History
- American History
- American Indian History
- Ancient and Medieval History
- Bloom's Literature
- Health Reference Center
- Modern World History
- Science Online
- World Religions Online
- Access Video On Demand
- Classroom Video On Demand
- Films On Demand
- Access Video On Demand Just For Kids
The remote plugin provides a rich integration between the product and your D2L courses. Users of D2L will now be able to embed their product resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This new plugin is LTI based and integrated directly into the standard D2L ISF button found wherever the HTML editor is within D2L.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within the product or D2L.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows user to embed product content directly into D2L courses, without leaving D2L.
- Usage statistics are recorded within the product.
Using the Insert Stuff Framework Plugin
Click on the below button to launch the Insert Stuff Window.
Once you click on this button, you will see the below Insert Stuff window. Click on the product menu option on the left-hand side. You should see the product search box as shown below.
Enter a keyword or phrase in the box and click Search. Your search results will resemble the below image.
The search results page offers several functions explained below:
- Sorting and Filtering Options:
- View By: Titles & Segments, Titles only, or Segments only.
- Sort By: Relevancy, Newest to Oldest, or Most Viewed.
- Filter by Subject.
- Content Type.
- Pagination - Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of results.
- Run Time - View the run time of all media assets.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the content before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window on top of the existing window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected title into D2L.
Once you have chosen a file to embed, click on the Embed button.
You will be taken to a preview page as shown below. Click the Insert button to embed this resource into D2L.
Once you have finished editing your content block in D2L, click on the Update button to save your changes with the embedded content included. Your content is now embedded and can be played directly from D2L.