Customers using the Brightspace/Desire2Learn (D2L) learning management system can embed content from the product directly into their courses. Below, you will find instructions for installing and configuring the product Insert Stuff Framework Plugin (ISF). For more information, please refer to the Brightspace/Desire2Learn (D2L) LTI Insert Stuff Plugin Overview article.
Brightspace/Desire2Learn (D2L) is available for the following products:
- African-American History
- American History
- American Indian History
- Ancient and Medieval History
- Bloom's Literature
- Health Reference Center
- Modern World History
- Science Online
- World Religions Online
- Access Video On Demand
- Classroom Video On Demand
- Films On Demand
- Access Video On Demand Just For Kids
The remote plugin provides a rich integration between the product and your D2L courses. Users of D2L will be able to embed the product resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrated directly into the standard D2L ISF button found wherever the HTML editor is within D2L.
Prerequites for Installing the Product ISF Plugin
- You must have your own instance of Desire2Learn running.
- You must have an active product subscription.
- You LTI Access Key and Secret - can be obtained from the product support center.
- Remove all previously installed version of the product Remove Plugin AND the product External Learning Tool. If these are not all removed, the new application will not allow you to install it.
Remote Plugin Installation
- Login to your D2L instance as an administrator with access to install and configure remote plugins.
- Click on the Admin Tools menu and select Remotee Plugins.
- Click on the "New Remote Plugin" button to create a new plugin.
- You should now be presented with the Plugin Settings page:
- Plugin Type - Change the Plugin Type to ISF.
- Launch Point - Enter the Launch Point URL.
- Secret - Enter the secret you obtained from support.
- Key - Enter the access key you obtained from support.
- Name - Enter the product name or anything else you would like to use to help identify this plugin.
- Description - Enter your own text description of this tool.
- Small Icon - Enter the URL to the small icon to use (https://learn360.infobase.com/Common/images/learn360_lti_icon.gif).
- System Test - Skip this field.
- Height - Leave as the default value.
- Make Remote Plugin Available To - Before this plugin will show up on the ISF menu, you need to add applicable Org Units. By default, you should see, "Current Org Unit: <your school>" listed here. Before this will show up, you need to add a second entry that is almost identical, but includes options for all descendants. Find your main Org unit, check the box to activate it, and then select the "All descendants" radio button. Click Insert to add this second Org Unit.
- Click on the Save button to save your remote plugin.