Customers using the Moodle learning management system can embed content from one of our supported products directly into their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the Moodle LTI Application Installation article.
The Moodle plugin provides a rich integration between your product and your Moodle courses. Users of Moodle will now be able to embed product resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This new plugin is LTI based and integrated directly into the standard Moodle Media button found wherever the HTML editor is withing Moodle.
Moodle is available for the following products:
- Access Video On Demand
- Classroom Video On Demand
- Films On Demand
- Access Video On Demand Just For Kids
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within the platform or Moodle.
- Quick and easy installation.
- A seamless user experience that allows users to embed content directly into Moodle courses, wherever you can add an activity or resource, without ever leaving Moodle.
- Usage statistics are recorded within the platform.
Using the File Picker Plugin
Once installed, product resources may be embedded using the standard Moodle file picker interface. Any activity or resource element within a course that includes the Media Button in the HTML editor can now support embedded product content.
From the course homepage, or anywhere that allows for the addition of an activity or resource, click on the Add an Activity or Resource, while in editing mode. Select the type of activity or resource you would like to add, for example, an Assignment, or a Page.
From the Insert media pop up LINK TAB, click on the Browse repositories button to view the File Picker interface. Please note that attempting to use this from the video tab will not work.
Select the product icon from the left-hand menu to access the search interface. Enter a keyword or phrase in the box and click Search. Your search results will resemble the image below.
The search results page offers several functions:
- Sorting and Filtering Options:
- Filter by Subject, Producer, Format, Source, Grades, Type, Language and Copyright.
- Pagination - Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of the results.
- Run Time - View the run time of all media assets.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the content before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window on top of the existing window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected content title into Moodle.
Once you have chosen a media file to embed, click on the Embed button.
Moodle will display the thumbnail of the content you are attempting to embed. Click on the Select this file button and you will be returned to the original Insert media pop up window. The title of the content you selected will appear in the name field along with the embed URL above.
Click Insert Media to insert this content into the Moodle editor. In editing mode, the content will appear as a link.
Once you have finished editing your activity or resource, click the Save and Display button at the bottom and the embedded player will now display, as shown below.