Customers using the Canvas learning management system can embed content from their products directly into their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the Canvas External App Installation article.
Canvas is available for the following products:
- African-American History
- American History
- American Indian History
- Ancient and Medieval History
- Bloom's Literature
- Health Reference Center
- Modern World History
- Science Online
- World Religions Online
- Access Video On Demand
- Classroom Video On Demand
- Films On Demand
- Access Video On Demand Just For Kids
The LTI app provides a rich integration between the product and your Canvas course. Users of Canvas can embed product resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Canvas HTML editor.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance with the product.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed product resources directly into Canvas courses, without leaving Canvas.
Using the Canvas Plugin
Once installed, product resources may be embedded using the product button found inside Canvas. Any content block that loads the HTML editor will have this icon.
Click on the product icon button to launch the product application (example below is Learn360):
Once you click this button, you will see the below embed content window. You should see the product search box as shown below.
Enter a keyword or phrase in the box and click Search. Your search results will resemble the below image.
The search results page offers several function explained below:
- Tabs by Content Type
- Results and Metadata
- Thumbnail Image: Titles & Segments, Titles only, or Segments only.
- Name: Title or Segment name.
- Run Time: The length of the Title or Segment.
- Description: Text description of the Title or Segment.
- Copyright and Producer: For the Title or Segment
- Embed and Preview
- Embed Options: Record URL, Small, Medium, or Large
- Preview: Displays the content in a player for preview.
Once you have chosen a file to embed, click on the Embed button.
You will be returned to the editor and your content will appear as a gray box. Click the Save button at the bottom to publish the resource. The embedded video should now be visible as the example shows below: