If your school or district is using Classlink, you have the option of accessing the platform via our Classlink app instead of having to remember a second username and password for the platform.
Classlink is available for the following products:
- Classroom Video on Demand
The Classlink App is an optional, FREE feature that can be setup for your account. For more information on Classlink, please visit their website.
The Classlink App Offers Two Different Options:
- Link your Classlink account to an existing product user account you possess (a one-time process). This is the default behavior.
- Simply use your Classlink account as your product user account, bypassing this one time linking process.
Sending every user to the link account page is the default behavior. If you want to use that, you only need to contact support to obtain your custom URL for Classlink.
Sending your users to the link account page is useful if they already have their own product account, with playlists, and other saved content. This one time link process would connect the two accounts and allow them to continuously access their previously created content.
If you decide to bypass the account link page, all Classlink user accounts will be automatically created within your product account as brand new accounts. If you would like to bypass this link page and not link existing product accounts, please inform support that you would like to bypass the account linking page.
Lastly, you will also need to login to your admin portal and enable the Classlink App. If this feature is not turned on, all users will be taken to the main login page instead of being allowed into the platform, or redirected to the link account page.
Help Article: How to Enable the Classlink App for your Account.
How to add the App
The product App is considered a Weblink within Classlink. Before it can be used, you must request a custom URL from our support department. This custom URL is required, and will need to be inserted into the web address field of the Add Application form.
- Contact support and request your Classlink custom URL.
- Login to your Admin Portal and go to Account Settings --> Integrations and turn ON Classlink.
- Let support know if you want to bypass the link account page. Otherwise, all users will be presented with the one time linking process to an existing product account.
- Support will provide you with a URL that resembles this example: http://xxxx.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?wID=xxxxxx&classlink=x
- Login to your Classlink management console as shown below.
- Click on Applications --> Add & Assign Apps.
- Click on the Add button.
With the Add Application window open, enter the following information:
- Application Name: the product you are adding the application for.
- Description: Description for the product
- Icon: Click the Browser Icon button and search for the product.
- Category: Education.
- Subject: General Education.
- Single Sign-On App: Leave set to No.
- Web Address: Enter your support provided custom URL here.
Once you have finished entering all information, click Save to create your product App.
Once created, the app will show up in your list of Apps under Add & Assign Apps. You have the option of assigning any app to specific roles, or simply leaving it in the App Library for your teachers and students to add on their own. Please consult your Classlink documentation if you need any assistance assigning the product App to specific roles.
If the app is not assigned o users and simply available within the App Library, it will look like this:
If you have assigned the app to user groups, it will appear on the appropriate person's My Apps page, as shown below.
At this point, the app is ready to be used.
If you are requiring your users to link an existing product account to Classlink, they will be taken to the below page the first time they access the product app from their My Apps section.
This is only required the first time you come from Classlink. Once the accounts have been linked, you will have single-click access to the product without having to remember another username and password, or enter it for that matter.
Once you are logged into the product, you can view your linked account inside the My Profile section. Click on the Welcome, <Your Name> Menu in the top, right-hand corner of the site and select My Profile.
Scroll down to the Connect Partner Apps section and you will find your Classlink ID.
If you wish to break the account link for any reason, you may do so by click on the blue, ON section of the Classlink Sign In switch so that it changes to a gray OFF. Click Save Changes at the bottom of this page and your product account will no longer be linked with your Classlink Account. If you access your product from Classlink again, you will have to go through the account linking process again.