Custom content full titles can be easily segmented into chapters or key concepts without having to upload or associate physical video clip files to your titles. Any full title, in MP4 format can now be segmented.
Click on the number in the # Segments column of the Titles grid to open the Manage Segments tool. From within the edit title page, click on the Segments button to open the tool.
If you have created segments for a title, the number of segments will be reflected here.
Once the Manage Segments window is open, you will be presented with the below interface containing:
- Full title video player
- Segments grid
- Add New Segment button
- Save/Cancel buttons
Once you have finished adding segments, click the Save button to save all changes and update the full title. New segments and edits to existing segments require 24 hours before they will be updated on the video platform.
- Thumbnail - Clicking on the thumbnail icon will capture the current frame on the video player and set that as the segment thumbnail. You may change the player position and update the thumbnail at any time by clicking the thumbnail icon again.
- Sequence # - The sequence of the segment, which controls the order that they appear in on the video player page.
- Title - Text field to enter the title of a segment
- Start - Use the clock icon to set the current start time of the segment, based on where the video player is currently stopped. You may use the scrub bar and drag the play head back and forth if desired. This is a text field and can be edited manually using your keyboard.
- End - Use the clock icon to set the current end time of the segment, based on where the video player is currently stopped. You may use the scrub bar and drag the play head back and forth if desired.
- Description - Text field to enter the description of a segment.
- Options - Delete icon to remove the segment row from the grid. This change will not be saved unless you click the Save button at some point during the editing process.
Once you have finished the segment creation process for a title, click the Save button at the bottom to save all changes. 24 hours are required before your new segments will be searchable on the platform.