What is Infobase Hosted custom content versus what I have been using previously?
Infobase Hosted Custom Content is now available, where Infobase will host all of your videos. To view more information on Infobase Hosted Custom Content, click here.
To add one custom content title at a time, click on the New Title button, located at the top of the Custom Content Titles tab. To improve the data integrity of your custom content titles and ensure a reliable addition process, several fields in this wizard are required and contain drop downs, instead of allowing free form text.
Before adding new titles, verify that the desired Server, Producer and Series already exist. The "Infobase Hosted" server will automatically be available, and set as the default server. You will automatically have 10 titles available to upload for Infobase Hosted Custom content. To see more information on Infobase Hosted Custom Content, click here. Series is an optional field, but must be setup prior to adding a new title.
Clicking on the New Title button will open the new title wizard and walk you through a series of steps to add a new title.
Step 1: Metadata
Step one includes all of the basic metadata fields associated with your title.
For "Infobase Hosted" Titles: If the server is set to "Infobase Hosted", at the top of the screen it will show the total number of titles your account has, the number of titles you have remaining, and the storage used. For this server ONLY, you will be able to upload your video file.
Media File Formats: Mpeg-4 and QuickTime Formats (MP4, MOV, QT, and M4V), Flash Video (FLV and F4V), Microsoft Windows Formats (AVI, ASF, WMV, and WMA), MPEG-1/2 (MPG, M1V, M2V, MP3), WAV, Matroska (MKV), OGG OGM & OGV, WEBM, 3GP, RM, Webex (ARF), MXF
To see more information on Infobase Hosted Custom Content, click here.
- Server- required field.
- Title - required field
- Description- required field
- Producer - required field. You have the ability to add a new producer, if it doesn't already exist.
- Series - select box, must already exist.
- Copyright Year - drop down to select a copyright year.
- Filename (Required)(Self-Hosted Only) - text field for entering the filename of the video or audio file, without any extension. If your video was named, "mymp4video.mp4," you would only enter "mymp4video" in this field.
- File Extension (Required)(Self-Hosted Only) - drop down containing the current two options for custom content: MP4 and MP3.
- Grade Levels - required field. Multi-select box, click into the box to make as many grade selections as needed.
- Expiration Date - enter date for title to expire in the following format: 12/31/2018. Once this date has been reached, the title will become expired and disappear from the platform 24 hours later.
- Thumbnail Path (Self-Hosted Only) - enter the complete path to the thumbnail image stored on your own server. The path should start with HTTP://.
- Allow Segmentation - checkbox to allow segmentation of the title.
Step 2: Subjects
Step two includes selecting subjects for your title.
At least one subject is required. Select your subject from each subsequent drop down and then click the Add Subject button to add your new subject.
Step 3: Related Resources
Step three allows you to optionally add related resources to your title. You can add as many resources as needed from this step. Like thumbnails, the related resource file must be uploaded to your server, and the complete path, starting with HTTP:// should be added to the File Path. Resources can be in PDF or link format currently.
- File - required field, enter the complete HTTP path to the resource stored on your server.
- Title - text field for naming your resource. This will control the display name that is found on the Related tab on the viewer page.
- Type - drop down to select one of the two supported resource types: PDF or HTTP link.
To add more resources, click on the Add Resource button near the bottom o this pop up window.
Before your new title can be added, you must check the box on this final step and certify that you have obtained the proper license for the content you are adding. To complete the process of adding your new title, click the Add Title button.
Note: The upload video field will ONLY show when you are adding a new title for "Infobase Hosted". To see a video tutorial on how to add a new "Infobase Hosted" title, click here.